Call for 5 new colloquia
We are excited to announce a call for funding for new NIG research colloquia. We want to expand our colloquia so they represent the diverse themes in our field.
Colloquia are research networks consisting of NIG members of varying universities and seniority that share a common interest in a substantive topic or approach. Colloquia can be aimed at (1) advancing a central research theme (such as our existing Multilevel Local Democracy); (2) advancing a tradition (such as Critical and Interpretive Public Administration); or (3) any other out-of-the-box application (such as a network of mid-level career academics) or a combination of (1), (2) and/or (3). Colloquia must facilitate exchange between junior and senior scholars. Colloquia are free to organize activities as they see fit such as, for instance, joint research activities or hosting guest lectures.
- Financial support of 5.000 euros to host suitable activities.
- We offer funding for 5 new colloquia.
- Our advisory council and board will decide which colloquia are eligible for funding based on the six criteria indicated below.
Proposals for a colloquium must include the following elements:
- Colloquium must include at least 3 chairs. Please note that you can only serve as chair for 1 colloquium in total.
- At least 2 chairs must be ‘senior’, meaning: having obtained their PhD.
- Chairs must be diverse (e.g. institution, gender, rank, etc.)
- Chairs must be working at one of our member institutions
- A list of targeted participants
- Participants must be diverse (e.g. institution, gender, rank, etc.)
- An objective including the aim of the colloquium [max. 250 words]
- An outline of the research agenda [max. 400 words]
- A list of proposed activities [max. 250 words] including:
- The duration of the proposed colloquium
- The frequency of activities
- A brief explanation how the activities ensure the achievement of the objective [see 3]
- A note on expected output [max. 250 words]
Deadline is Monday January 31st.
For applications, please fill out the application form which can be found here
Send the application form to Esther Verheijen email@example.com