We invite the public administration and political science community in the Netherlands, Flanders, and abroad to contribute to the NIG 2020 Annual Work Conference by submitting proposals for panels.
The deadline for submission is May 15th.
Panel proposal topics and requirements
We welcome cutting edge panels on key themes and research areas in the disciplines of public administration and political science (for example: multi-level governance and Europe; multi-actor governance in complexity; political institutions and democracy, public management, and more).
Panels proposals have to meet the following requirements:
- A description of the proposed theme for the panel (max. 1000 words in English)
- The type of papers (and topics) you expect to be submitted to your panel.
- A tentative list of senior members who will be invited for submitting a paper. Note: NIG wants to stimulate the participation of its senior members (either as a paper presenter or discussant) and the participation of senior members is, therefore, an important condition for the acceptance of proposals.
- There should be at least two organizers (one of them preferably being a senior member) from two different institutions for a panel. The proposal should mention the names, affiliations and address information. Mention all organizers in the proposal.
- The panel format should be used to format panel proposals.
Panel proposals will have to attract at least four papers to be eligible for a session on their own.
NIG will advertise your proposals, and you should also actively invite authors yourself. Please consult the NIG office before inviting non-NIG members.
Evaluation of the proposals
Panel proposals will be evaluated by the NIG board. Accepted proposals will be coordinated by the chairs/moderators of the panel.
Process and key deadlines
Panel proposals should be submitted through our NIG office manager Esther Verheijen via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The title of the e-mail should include the name of the panel.
- The panel proposal should be included as an attachment in either pdf or word
The deadline for submission is May 15th, 2020.
For questions do not hesitate to contact us.