Course funding scheme for NIG PhD members
For NIG PhD members, NIG has implemented a funding scheme to attend international elective courses. PhD members may apply for a reimbursement of costs up to 500 euros per external course. This grant can be applied for through the application form, if the conditions below are met.
- Applicants must be a PhD member of NIG at the time on which the funded course is scheduled.
- The course to be funded has to fit in the education and career development of a PhD candidate in Public Administration / Political Science.
- The course is offered by an institution outside the Netherlands / Belgium. Exceptions can only be made with prior approval of the NIG management.
- Courses at a university where the applicant is based are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least three courses in the NIG curriculum, and the total of awarded credits for NIG courses must amount to minimum 9 EC. Both conditions need to be fulfilled for funding. Exceptions can only be made with prior approval of the NIG management, for example in case of a scheduled attendance of a core curriculum course in the near future.
- A PhD member may receive a maximum of 1000 euros under this scheme during their membership. Each course can only be funded with a single grant.
- The grant may cover necessary expenses for course fees, travel, and accommodation.
- The NIG management assesses the grant applications and determines the funding.