The Politics & Public Governance research group of the Political Science Department of the University of Antwerp is looking for a full-time (100%) Ph.D. researcher (48 months).
You will be involved in a project funded by the Flemish Research Council that investigates rankings of public services, such as schools. We want to examine whether such rankings can enhance or weaken citizens’ knowledge of and trust in public services. Moreover, we want to investigate how the presentation of such rankings (e.g. with added visual cues or symbols) can alter citizens’ interpretations. In this research, we work with innovative quantitative and experimental methods, including online and eye-tracker experiments. The project has significant ramifications for how governments should interact with citizens. You will do your research in a vibrant, leading research group in the field of public administration. In the Shanghai ranking of the academic discipline ‘Public Administration,’ the University of Antwerp ranks first in Belgium and twentieth worldwide.
The position includes the following assignments:
- You work on a Ph.D. on the impact of rankings of public services.
- You do the empirical research. You organize the data collection and do the analyses.
- You participate in the social valorization of the research results.
- You present your work in international academic networks and on international conferences.
- You write highly relevant publications for international scientific journals
- You take on a limited number of teaching duties in the political science department.
Read more about the position.