Our 2021 annual conference will take place on Wednesday the 17th and Thursday 18th of November.
The form of the conference this year (online, hybrid or physical) will depend on COVID-19 measures in the Netherlands. More information on that in early summer. NIG members (PhD or senior) pay nothing to participate in the conference, non-members are asked to pay a small fee (50,- for an online conference, 125,- for an offline conference).
- Call for panels is now open (see below)
- Call for panels closes: May 15th (notification within 2 weeks after closure)
- Call for abstracts opens: Early June
- Call for abstracts closes: September 3rd (notification within 2 weeks after closure)
- Registration opens: Halfway September
- Full paper submission opens: Halfway September
- Full paper submission closes: October 20th
- Registration closes: October 29th
Call for panels now open
We invite the public administration and political science community in the Netherlands, Flanders, and abroad to contribute to the NIG 2021 Annual Work Conference by submitting proposals for panels.
The deadline for submission is May 15th.
Panel proposal topics and requirements
We welcome cutting edge panels on key themes and research areas in the disciplines of public administration and political science.
Panels proposals have to meet the following requirements:
- A description of the proposed theme for the panel (max. 1000 words in English)
- The type of papers (and topics) you expect to be submitted to your panel.
- A tentative list of senior members who will be invited for submitting a paper. Note: NIG wants to stimulate the participation of its senior members (either as a paper presenter or discussant) and the participation of senior members is, therefore, an important condition for the acceptance of proposals.
- There should be at least two organizers (one of them preferably being a senior member) from two different institutions for a panel. The proposal should mention the names, affiliations and address information. Mention all organizers in the proposal.
- The panel format should be used to format panel proposals.
Panel proposals will have to attract at least four papers to be eligible for a session on their own.
NIG will advertise your proposals, and you should also actively invite authors yourself. Please consult the NIG office before inviting non-NIG members.
Evaluation of the proposals
Panel proposals will be evaluated by the NIG board. Accepted proposals will be coordinated by the chairs/moderators of the panel.
Process and key deadlines
Panel proposals should be submitted through our NIG office manager Esther Verheijen via email@example.com.
- The title of the e-mail should include the name of the panel.
- The panel proposal should be included as an attachment in either pdf or word
For questions do not hesitate to contact us.